Nicola Potato Gnocchi with Sugo0 Gnocchi $26.00 for 2 portions
It is hard to believe that the tomato was not native to Italy and introduced from the Americas around the 16th Century. Forever ingenious Italians have established themselves as experts in tomato based dishes with tomato Sugo being a staple in every household.
Come home to this classic combination of Gnocchi with Sugo. Starting with Victorian Nicola potatoes the Pasta Poetry chefs craft light and fluffy gnocchi and partner with our slow cooked Sugo. Complete your plate with Grana Padano and fresh herbs for a meal treasured throughout the centuries.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water until it rises to the surface, then give it another 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile, heat the sugo in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil. Add a tablespoon of the gnocchi water.
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander and toss gently through the most of the sauce.
- Arrange on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sugo over the top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and fresh herbs.
- Buon appetito!
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
nicola potato (75%), ‘00’ flour, egg, salt
tomato, onion, carrot, celery, white wine, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.