Spinach & Ricotta Tortelloni0 $20 per portion
(Your Pasta Poetry meal comes with two portions included)
With tortelloni being one of Italy’s gifts to the world, it’s no wonder that both Bologna and Modena lay claim to its origins. Crafted like a piece of art, the “belly button” shaped pasta can be found proudly displayed throughout the laneways of both of these historic northern Italian cities.
At Pasta Poetry, your tortelloni is made authentically from fresh ricotta and the green goodness of spinach. The shape is perfect for scooping up lashings of sage-infused burro bruciato (burnt butter). Your sensory journey continues with a scattering of pangrattato and Grana Padano. The beauty of tortelloni is that you can enjoy it as your primo (starter) or the main event.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with pangrattato, torn sage leaves and grated or shaved cheese.
- Buon appetito!
Chef's Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time. For added flavour and crispness shallow fry sage in oil until the bubbles stop.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, ricotta (30%) (cheese whey (cow’s milk), cow’s milk, salt), free-range egg, parmesan, spinach (5%), cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg
butter, vegetable stock (water, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, sage, oregano), sage, salt, xanthan gum
sourdough bread (flour, water, salt), lemon, thyme, salt, olive oil
milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.