Vegetable and Lentil Ragu, with Chickpea Gnocchi0 $14.50 per portion
(Your Pasta Poetry meal comes with two portions included)
Deliciousness Trumps Tradition.
We’ve taken the inspiration of the traditional ragu of the Bologna region and brought it into a new era. Slowly cooking mushrooms and eggplant to develop a deep and earthy base, we then lift it with bright herbs and rich tomato, before adding the buttery, creamy lentils. Our use of tamari, whilst not an Italian ingredient, mimics the savoury flavours that would be developed with a meat based ragu. In this case, deliciousness trumps tradition. Paired with our fresh made chickpea gnocchi and a sprinkle of nut rich Vegan Parmesan for nourishing days and nights. Perfect for your meat free Mondays, terra based Tuesdays or whatever goes Wednesdays.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the gnocchi on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and vegan parmesan
- Buon appetito!
nicola potato, chickpea flour (13%), tapioca flour, salt
lentils (16.6%), swiss brown mushroom, eggplant, onion, carrot, celery, olive oil, red wine, tomato paste (tomato, salt), garlic, tamari (soy beans, water, sea salt, alcohol), oregano, basil, salt, pepper, water
cashew, sunflower seed, yeast flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, ascorbic acid
ALLERGY ADVICE – CONTAINS: tree nuts (cashews), soy
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.