Vegan Saffron Ravioli filled with Celeriac and Sage, Walnut Pesto0 $31.00 for 2 portions
How did we create a creamy and sweet filling without any dairy? Magic? Not quite, but we think the resulting ravioli are little miracles.
The walnut pesto adds a rich and savoury character, and we finish with our own house-made vegan parmesan made from cashews, sunflower seeds and yeast flakes. The ravioli has been a staple of Italian cooking for centuries – our new plant-based variation continues that tradition with pride.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, transfer the pesto into a large mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the pesto.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with pangrattato, torn oregano leaves and the vegan parmesan.
- Buon appetito!
Chef's Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, semolina (wheat), celeriac (30%), olive oil, sage(2%), salt, pepper, nutmeg, saffron (<1%), water
walnut (40%), parsley, oregano, olive oil, vegan parmesan (cashew, sunflower seed, yeast flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, ascorbic acid)
sourdough bread (flour, water, salt), lemon, thyme, salt, olive oil
cashew, sunflower seed, yeast flakes, onion powder,
garlic powder, salt, ascorbic acid
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.