Spinach Tagliatelle with Ragu Bolognese0 $14.50 per portion
(Your Pasta Poetry meal comes with two portions included)
How amazing were the generations of nonnas crafting delicacies for their families using the simplest of ingredients, love and time? The people of Bologna take great pride in their mouth-watering ragu, which is all about using only a handful of ingredients, always of the highest quality, and cooked in the traditional manner.
Using Australian beef and pork, we slow-cook our ragu for six hours to create its vibrant red colour that will stain your plate (as well as your shirt – take care). Just as in our sister city of Bologna, our tagliatelle is made with spinach, eggs and flour. The long, marbled ribbons of tagliatelle are perfect for capturing every drop of this succulent sauce. Sprinkle with grana padano and fresh basil, and you’re all set.
Close your eyes – we want you to be transported back to a trattoria in Bologna with every bite.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil. Add a tablespoon of the pasta water.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and either grated or shaved grana Padano.
- Buon appetito!
Before you begin cooking, separate the pasta onto a wooden board and untangle the stands if they get a little stuck. This will ensure they all cook evenly.
If you’re in the mood for a richer sauce, add a knob of butter into the sauce along with the strained, cooked pasta, and toss to emulsify.
Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use this water to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, free-range egg, spinach (6%)
beef chuck, pork shoulder, pancetta (pork, dextrose, salt, sodium nitrite), vegetable oil, onion, carrot, celery, tomato, white wine (sulphites), salt, pepper
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.