Spinach Dough Ravioli with Walnut & Garlic Butter Stuffing, Buttermilk Broth0 Ravioli $31.00 for 2 portions
Our Pasta Poetry chefs have strong memories of fighting over the stuffing in a roast chicken with their siblings. That’s the inspiration for this luxurious ravioli.
In Bologna, ravioli are often crafted with spinach pasta dough and served in a nourishing broth. This dish honours that tradition. These delectable morsels are bursting with tastes of sourdough, roasted garlic butter, walnuts, sauteed shallots and parsley. The richness of the soaked garlic bread filling is balanced by buttermilk and potato broth. A touch of poetry, and a dish worth fighting over.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Buon appetito!
Chef's Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, sourdough bread (flour, water, salt), free-range egg, garlic butter (butter (cow’s milk), garlic, parsley, salt) (10%), shallots, walnut (5%), parsley, sage, thyme, spinach (6%), salt, pepper, nutmeg, allspice
buttermilk (skim milk, milk concentrated skim milk, culture) (40%), nicola potato, garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, nutmeg, water
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear.
We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.