Slow Braised Ox Cheek Cappelletti0 Cappelletti $37.00 for 2 portions
Little hats and large flavours
Originating from the northern Italian region of Emilia-Romagna, and once enjoyed exclusively by the aristocracy, tonight these tasty “little hats” are destined for your table.
Historically, cappelletti featured the finest ingredients of the region. For you we honour this tradition by filling them with Victorian beef cheek that’s been slowly braised for 18 hours in red wine, sage and sweet onions.
Your journey back to northern Italy continues by topping the dish off with hand-torn lemon thyme pangrattato for a little extra crunch, and a generous sprinkle of pecorino from one of our favourite local cheesemakers.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bringing it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with pangrattato, torn oregano leaves and grated or shaved cheese.
- Buon appetito!
Chef's Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, beef cheek (35%), free-range egg, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, chicken stock (water, free-range chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme), sage, oregano, white wine, salt, pepper
beef cheek stock (beef cheek, water), onion, carrot, celery, garlic, sage, oregano, white wine (sulphites), chicken stock (water, free-range chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme), butter, salt, pepper
sourdough bread (flour, water, salt), lemon, thyme, salt, olive oil Pecorino
full cream cow’s milk, salt, non-vegan rennet
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.