Nicola Potato Gnocchi with Pork Ragu0 Gnocchi $29.00 for 2 portions
The culinary history of the Reggio Emilia region and beyond celebrates a talent for turning the simplest of ingredients into a fine art. With nowhere to hide this timeless dish starts with Victoria Nicola potatoes handcrafted into divine... dare I say it... dumplings.
Dress your gnocchi with our slow cooked ragu featuring free range pork and the sweetness of fresh tomatoes gently cooked for 24 hours for that melt in your mouth experience.
Sprinkle or shave the parmesan, scatter some fresh herbs and there you have it... Poetry on a plate.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water until it rises to the surface, then give it another 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile, heat the ragu in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil. Add a tablespoon of the gnocchi water.
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess ragu over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and either grated or shaved Grana Padano.
- Buon appetito!
Chef’s Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
nicola potato (75%), ‘00’ flour (wheat), free range egg, salt
Pork (45%), tomato, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, white wine, basil, oregano, salt, pepper
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
ALLERGY ADVICE – CONTAINS: wheat, gluten, egg, milk, milk protein
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.