Nicola Potato Gnocchi with Oregano & Pistachio Pesto, and Almond & Mint Picada0 Gnocchi $30.00 for 2 portions
Around since Roman times, it’s no wonder the “nocchio” (from “knot in wood”) have made their way to the trattorias of Bologna. Take a walk through this proud university city and you’ll be captivated by the porticos, the earthy
colour palette, and the buzzing terrazzo walkways. Find a laneway shared
by students and elegantly dressed locals, and settle into a local eatery
to soak up the atmosphere.
It’s here you’re likely to find this classic dish. Creating a divine pillowy gnocchi starts with the choice of potato, and our Pasta Poetry chefs select the best Nicola potatoes Victoria has to offer. Dress your gnocchi in our luxuriant pesto, a twist on the classic basil and pine nut combo which draws on the earthy character of oregano and the creaminess of pistachio. Sprinkle a hand-chopped picada of mint and toasted almonds, then finish with buffalo ricotta. Finally… take your time
to enjoy each mouthful.
- Bring water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water until it rises to the surface. This should take about 1 minute. Then give it another 20 seconds.
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander and transfer to a large bowl, keeping 1 cup of pasta water aside.
- Toss gently with the pesto, adding two tablespoons of pasta water.
- Arrange the gnocchi on a plate or in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves, drizzle with picada and dollops of buffalo ricotta.
- Buon appetito!
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
nicola potato (75%), ‘00’ flour, free range egg, salt
oregano (25%), pistachio (25%), basil, parsley, grana padano (cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg), olive oil, garlic, salt, lemon
almond (30%), mint (30%), garlic, olive oil, lemon, salt
blended cheese whey (buffalo’s milk 80%, cow’s milk 20%), pasteurised buffalo milk (9.5%), salt
Hints and Tips
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken,
we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.