Lamb and Pumpkin Ragu with Rigatoni0 $16.00 per portion
(Your Pasta Poetry meal comes with two portions included)
Gifts of the earth.
Celebrating the time honoured tradition of slow cooking, our chefs use lamb shoulder for it’s balance of earthy, rich meat and flavourful fat. Layers of aromatics are injected into your ragu with thyme, rosemary, sage and oregano, complemented with sweet and buttery pumpkin and balanced with heavily reduced white wine. So pour yourself a glass of your favourite drop as your fresh rigatoni soaks up the seductive sauce in minutes.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Add a knob of butter if you’re in the mood for a richer sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and grated or shaved cheese.
- Buon appetito!
‘00’ flour (wheat), free-range egg
Lamb and Pumpkin Ragu
lamb shoulder (25%), butternut pumpkin (25%), chicken stock (water, free range chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme), onion, white wine, garlic, rosemary, sage, bay leaves, oregano, salt, pepper, water
full cream cow’s milk, salt, non-vegan rennet
ALLERGY ADVICE – CONTAINS: wheat, gluten, egg, milk, milk protein
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.