Egg Pappardelle with Pork Ragu & Pecorino0 $14.50 per portion
(Your Pasta Poetry meal comes with two portions included)
Think of your favourite food memories, and many will be blessed with a version of this most revered of Italian dishes. We want you to create your own new food rituals by filling your home with the aromas of Bologna via our slow-cooked pork ragu.
Enriched with the sweetness of fresh tomatoes and free-range pork, we gently cook our sauce for 24 hours to create a melt-in-your-mouth sensation. Made to soak up the rich intense sauce, our hand-cut pappardelle pasta ribbons are the perfect partner... da casa nostra a casa tua.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil. Add a tablespoon of the pasta water.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and pecorino.
- Buon appetito!
Chef’s Tips – Before you begin cooking, separate the pasta onto a wooden board and untangle the stands if they’re a little stuck. This will ensure they cook evenly.
If you’re in the mood for a richer sauce, add a knob of butter into the sauce along with the strained, cooked pasta and toss to emulsify.
Ingredients (Allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, free-range egg (30%)
Pork (45%), tomato, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, white wine, basil, oregano, salt, pepper
full cream cow’s milk, salt, non-vegan rennet
Hints and Tips
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken,
we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.