Beef Short Rib Ragu with Nicola Potato Gnocchi0 $17.00 per portion
(Your Pasta Poetry meal comes with two portions included)
Two of the most valuable ingredients in home cooking are love and time and we have put these in for you in this beloved dish. Beginning with an explicitly simple ragu, relying on the highest quality of the beef, onions and tomato to produce its rich and deep flavour. Beef short rib is cooked overnight and flaked from the bone 16 hours later by hand. Traditionally served with a short pasta we let your ragu shine by pairing with fresh gnocchi. Artfully finished with sprinkling of Grana Padano, the crunch of Pangrattato and the aroma of fresh torn basil for a meltingly gorgeous meal.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water until it rises to the surface, then give it another 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with pangrattato, torn basil leaves and grated or shaved cheese.
- Buon appetito!
nicola potatoes (75%), ‘00’ flour (wheat), free-range egg
Beef Short Rib Ragu
beef short rib (45%), chicken stock (water, free range chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme), onion, red wine, tomato, olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, bay leaves, salt, pepper, water
(cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg)
sourdough bread (wheat, wheat leaven (wheat, water, starter), potato flour, salt, yeast), lemon, thyme, salt, olive oil
ALLERGY ADVICE – CONTAINS: wheat, gluten, egg, milk, milk protein
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear.
We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken,
we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.