Eggplant Ragu with Chickpea Gnocchi0 $15.00 per portion
(Your Pasta Poetry meal comes with two portions included)
Cooking with Nonna is the inspiration for this homespun dish, our chef relays fond memories as a child, wearing the eggplant tops as little hats whilst cooking with his grandmother.
In an intrinsically North Italian style of cooking, butter is used in this recipe as opposed to the olive oil seen exclusively in the South. Generous amounts of eggplant are slowly roasted in the oven to concentrate their flavours. Sweet and fresh tomatoes as the base, with heavily reduced red and white wine and a touch of chilli to open your palette and finished with butter for a comforting richness. Putting your meal together could not be simpler: cook your freshly made gnocchi in minutes, layer with melanzane ragu, finish with a sprinkling of Grana Padano and buon appetito!
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and vegan parmesan
- Buon appetito!
nicola potato, chickpea flour (13%), tapioca flour, salt
eggplant (38%), tomato, red onion, red wine, white wine, olive oil, butter (cow’s milk), garlic, chilli, basil, salt, pepper, water
(cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg)
gluten free bread (water, maize starch, rice flour, soy flour, vegetable fibre dextrose, sorbitan monooleate, salt, thiamine, enzyme, vegetable oil, yeast, white vinegar), lemon, thyme, salt, olive oil
ALLERGY ADVICE – CONTAINS: milk, milk protein, egg
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.