Scallop, Crab and Fennel Agnolotti0 $39.00 for 2 portions
Although Bologna is surrounded by mountains, if you make your way past the main square of Piazza Maggiore you will find vendors selling Frutti de Mare… the fruits of the sea.
This dish pays homage to the delicacies the ocean has to offer. Fresh pasta sheets are meticulously folded into agnolotti parcels and filled with a mousse of scallop, crab and confit fennel. A touch of anise and lemon zest balance these flavours.
Our agnolotti is a tribute to the Italian tradition of making luxurious dishes from the simplest of ingredients. Your meal will be dressed with burro bianco (white wine butter), and finished with dill and a (hotly debated) sprinkling of Pecorino cheese.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with pangrattato, torn oregano leaves and grated or shaved cheese.
- Buon appetito!
Chef's Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
Pasta – ‘00’ flour, scallop (20%), crab (10%), fennel (10%), white fish (8%), free range egg, cream, olive oil, lemon, dill, salt, pepper
butter, white wine (sulphites), shallot, lemon, tarragon, salt
full cream cow’s milk, salt, non-vegan rennet
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.