Chickpea Gnocchi with Jerusalem Artichoke & Cauliflower0 $28.00 for 2 portions
A staple of countless Italian kitchens, the humble gnocchi has been crafted here into a hero dish awaiting your creative flair. The Pasta Poetry chefs have spent time and care creating gnocchi which is as soft and light as the traditional version using gluten-free flours.
A proud, sophisticated and luxurious take on this meekest of dishes, our gnocchi is transformed with a selection of roasted Jerusalem artichokes and cauliflower. Let your inner food artist loose when you plate up this glorious dish for your lucky dinner guests.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Heat the cauliflower puree in a small saucepan or frying pan. Bring it to a simmer and turn it off.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water until it rises to the surface, then give it another 20 seconds.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add a splash of cooking olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander. Once fully drained, gently pour into the frying pan, taking care of oil splash.
- Shake the pan around to get each piece flat and touching.
- Give them a minute to get to a golden brown and turn each gnocchi over, they’ll gain colour even if the heat is low, so there’s no need to rush.
- Add the roasted artichoke and cauliflower to the pan.
- Once the second side of the gnocchi is golden, turn the heat low and add the garlic butter and gently toss, warming the roasted vegetables and coating everything in the melting butter.
- Keep gently moving the pan around for another minute. Turn it off and toss through torn oregano leaves.
To plate, spoon the cauliflower puree onto a bowl or plate. Spread it around to make a nest for the gnocchi.
- Spoon the gnocchi and vegetables into the well.
- Either shave or grate the pecorino over the top.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
nicola potato, chickpea flour (13%), tapioca flour, salt
cauliflower, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg
Jerusalem artichokes (10%), cauliflower (25%), olive oil, salt, pepper
full cream cow’s milk, salt, non-vegan rennet
butter (cows milk), garlic, parsley, salt
Hints and Tips
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken,
we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.