Nicola Potato Gnocchi with Ragu Bolognese0 Gnocchi $30.00 for 2 portions
Bologna is proudly one of the original college cities with the University founded in 1088 and a history of independence from church and state. Small eateries flourished and were filled with academics and we can only imagine the deep conversations over a simple plate of gnocchi.
Starting with the best Nicola potatoes Victoria has to offer our chefs have created pillowy gnocchi for your table conversations. Classily we have teamed your gnocchi with our slow cooked ragu using Victorian Pork and Angus beef for a timeless offering.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water until it rises to the surface, then give it another 20 seconds
- Meanwhile, heat the ragu in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil. Add a tablespoon of the gnocchi water
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess ragu over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and either grated or shaved grana Padano
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
Gnocchi nicola potato (75%), ‘00’ flour, egg, salt
beef chuck, pork shoulder, pancetta (pork, dextrose, salt, sodium nitrite), vegetable oil, onion, carrot, celery, tomato, white wine, salt, pepper
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.