Lasagne Ragu Bolognese0 $28.50 serves 4-5 people
Step out of the city of Bologna and you’re surrounded by lush mountains and green pastures. It’s here where one of the most revered of dishes in Italy, the lasagne, has been given a true Bolognian touch.
Each sheet of pasta is crafted from flour eggs and glorious green spinach. Between each layer of pasta lie dollops of bechamel, as well as our ragu which follows the time- honoured method of slow cooking. Our chefs have selected Victorian pork and Angus beef to give the ragu an extra depth of flavour.
Pour yourself a glass of wine, relax, and allow the lasagne to transport you and yours to the foothills of the Bolognian countryside.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Remove the lasagne from its vacuum bag and discard the bag.
- Cover the lasagne with foil and place in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes until the edges are crisp and light brown.
- Test the centre with a knife to ensure it’s hot. If not, replace foil and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, free-range egg, spinach
beef chuck, pork shoulder, pancetta (pork, dextrose, salt, sodium nitrite), vegetable oil, onion, carrot, celery, tomato, white wine, salt, pepper
cow’s milk, butter, ‘00’ flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.