Fig, Caramelised Onion and Cacio Cappelletti, Gorgonzola Cream0 Cappelletti $37.00 for 2 portions
Originating from the northern Italian region of Emilia-Romagna, and once enjoyed exclusively by the aristocracy, tonight these tasty “little hats” are destined for your table.
Historically, cappelletti featured the finest ingredients of the region. For you we honour this tradition by filling them with ingredients inspired by the classic cheese plate, with a young cow’s milk pecorino, the sweetness of dried figs and caramelised onion, and the richness of gorgonzola cream sauce.
Your journey back to northern Italy is completed with hand-torn lemon thyme pangrattato for a little extra crunch, and a generous sprinkle of pecorino from one of our favourite local cheesemakers.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with pangrattato, torn basil leaves and grated or shaved cheese.
- Buon appetito!
Chef’s Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, dried fig (20%), caramelised onion (onion, butter, salt) (15%), free-range egg, cacio (pasteurised cow’s milk, rennet (non animal), starter culture, salt) (15%), salt
cream (cow’s milk), shallot, gorgonzola (pasteurised milk, lactic acid, cultures, salt, rennet (animal), penicillium roqueforti) (30%), grana padano (cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg), garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg
sourdough bread (flour, water, salt), lemon, thyme, salt, olive oil
full cream cow’s milk, salt, non-vegan rennet
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.