Fazzoletti Pasta, Brussels Sprouts, Anchovy, Chilli, Capers, Stracciatella0 $31.00 for 2 portions
Fazzoletti means “little handkerchiefs” – a style of pasta favoured in north-central Italy and one which reveals the true artistry of pasta making through its thin and supple character. One of the more simple pasta shapes, you can picture this dish being crafted in households when time was of the essence.
In minutes your rustic fazzoletti are ready to soak up the flavours of roasted brussels sprouts, complemented by the saltiness of anchovies and the heat of chillies. Our foodie friends will appreciate the balanced addition of stracciatella which is grated fresh mozzarella in its own cream.
Is there any more appetizing aroma than garlic and butter in a pan? A dish to fill your home with love.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium pan or saucepan and melt.
- Add the anchovy, chilli, caper and garlic mix. Cook on a low heat for 1 minute until fragrant, then add roasted sprouts.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Add the zest from half the lemon, a squeeze of juice, and torn parsley leaves with a final toss.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl.
- Spoon dollops of stracciatella over the pasta.
- Buon appetito!
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, free-range egg
brussels sprouts (95%), lemon, olive oil, salt
anchovy (40%), chilli (25%), capers (25%), olive oil, garlic, parsley
pasteurised cow’s milk, cream (35% milk fat, Halal gelatine), rennet (non animal), citric acid, salt
butter (cow’s milk), garlic, parsley, salt
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.