Eggplant Parmigiana Ravioli with Parmesan Zabaione & Grana Padano0 $31.00 for 2 portions
Doubly delicious with two classics in one: a perfectly layered panko crumbed eggplant combined with luxurious parmesan zabaione. Like tiny works of art, our eggplant parmigiana ravioli are crafted so that when you cut through, you see layers of sugo in between.
This dish of dreams is true to the spice tastes of Bologna, with a creamy zabaione elevated thanks to a dash of nutmeg.
- Bring water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of pasta and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the pasta in the rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference for an al dente texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil.
- Strain the pasta through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and grated or shaved cheese.
- Buon appetito!
Chef’s Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use this water to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
Ingredients (allergens in bold)
‘00’ flour, free-range egg, eggplant (25%), sugo (tomato, onion, carrot, celery, white wine, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper), fior di latte (cow’s milk, non-animal rennet, citric acid, salt), panko bread crumbs, basil, salt, olive oil
cream, parmesan (30%), free-range egg yolk, salt, pepper, nutmeg
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg (30%)
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.