Chickpea Gnocchi with Pork Ragu0 Gnocchi $29.00 for 2 portions
What memories do you have of making gnocchi?
Often a shared cooking experience with skills passed down from one generation to the next and the youngest participant actively involved in the important task of stamping each little morsel with a fork.
The Pasta Poetry chefs have created a soft and light gnocchi for our friends preferring no gluten flours. A tribute to chefs and cooks throughout the ages your gnocchi is married with slow cooked pork ragu. Using free range pork and the sweetness of fresh tomatoes the ragu is gently cooked for 24 hours to create a rich intense sauce which melts in your mouth.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g) of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil. Add a tablespoon of the gnocchi water.
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander and toss gently through the sauce.
- Arrange on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess ragu over the top.
- Sprinkle with herbs and your house made vegan parmesan.
- Buon appetito!
Chef’s Tip – Keep a cup of pasta water from the pot just before you strain the pasta. You can use it to adjust the consistency of the sauce, one tablespoon at a time.
nicola potato, chickpea flour (13%), tapioca flour, salt
Pork (45%), tomato, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, white wine, basil, oregano, salt, pepper
cow’s milk, salt, microbial rennet, lysozyme from egg
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero trace of allergens.