Pan-Fried Chickpea Gnocchi with Mushroom Ragu
The hills and forests surrounding Bologna and Northern Italian towns are renowned for gifts of mushrooms. A ritual for many is understandably foraging for these earthly delights and rainy days create excitement for abundant offerings. For our plant loving friends we honour this ritual with a slow cooked ragu of Swiss brown mushrooms and oyster mushrooms infused with fresh herbs.
To accompany the Pasta Poetry chefs have crafted little treasures of non gluten gnocchi. Enjoy with a glass of your favourite wine for the most comforting of meals.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large pot, salting it well. We suggest 1 litre of water per 100g of gnocchi and 2 teaspoons (10g)of salt per litre of water.
- Blanch the gnocchi in the rapidly boiling water until it rises to the surface, then give it another 20 seconds
- Meanwhile, heat the mushroom ragu in a medium pan or saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, but turn off the heat before it reaches a boil. Add a tablespoon of the gnocchi water
- Strain the gnocchi through a colander and toss gently through the most of the sauce.
- Arrange on a plate or in a bowl, spooning excess ragu over the top.
- Sprinkle with herbs and your house made vegan parmesan
- Buon appetito!
Nicola potato, chickpea flour(13%), tapioca flour, salt
Field mushrooms (20%), Swiss brown mushrooms (15%), oyster mushrooms (15%), water, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano, sage, cornflour, salt, pepper
cashew, sunflower seed, yeast flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, ascorbic acid
Hints and Tips
As our pasta is an artisanal, handmade product, some natural cracks may appear. We assure you this is normal, and will still be delicious!
Store at 5°C or below. Consume within two days of delivery or freeze.
The Pasta Poetry kitchen is a multi-use kitchen, and while the utmost care is taken, we cannot guarantee zero traces of allergens.